(This is just a preview of what will appear on the official website later.)
We would like to draw to your attention a call for satellite symposia for the International School and Conference on Network Science, NetSci2016, to be held at the K Hotel, Seoul, Korea, from May 30 to June 3, 2016.
Following the successful tradition of previous conferences, NetSci2016 will host a number of satellite symposia on May 30 and 31 as starters of the main conference.
These satellite events are shorter (one day or half a day) meetings with a focus on a specific topic of network science and its applications. All subjects are welcome, but we would specifically support proposals on themes like: data-driven network science, ecological networks, multilayer, interdependent or temporal networks, critical infrastructure, and computational social science. Organizers of a satellite will be given one fully waived registration fee for NetSci2016 that could be used to cover the participation of either an invited speaker to the satellite or for any other participant or organizer.
How to submit proposals: We invite you to submit a proposal for a satellite symposium including title, topic (brief summary of 1-2 pages) and format (number of speakers, invited vs. contributed, number of participants, length, preliminary program), and a preliminary list of speakers (also indicating whether they have been contacted and/or whether they have accepted).
Submit proposals (single PDF File) by email to: email@example.com
- Deadline for proposals: January 15, 2016.
- Notification of acceptance: February 15, 2016.
Summary of the information
- Dates of the Satellite Symposia: May 30 and 31, 2016.
- Location: The K Hotel, Seoul, Korea.
- Lecture halls will be provided free of charge and audio-visual equipment for projections will be available. A total of seven rooms per day will be available.
- Satellite organizers will be responsible for all aspects of the symposium including registration and food or drinks during breaks. All satellite symposia will be listed in the NetSci2016 booklet as well as linked and advertised on the conference website.
- A subdomain on the website of NetSci 2016 will likely be available upon request.
- Selection of satellite meeting proposals will be performed by the scientific committee of NetSci2016. In order to optimize the offer of satellite symposia in terms of scientific topics, visibility and interactions, the scientific committee will reserve the option to propose the merging of selected proposals focusing on similar topics.
- A rule of no-repetition of the same talk across different satellites and main conference will be enforced.
If you have any doubt or additional questions, please, do not hesitate to contact Petter Holme, Chair of satellite symposia of NetSci2016, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org