My research focuses on large-scale structures in society, technology, and biology. I’m mostly trying to understand them as networks. Read more about it on the research interest page.
Positions & postdocs
- Professor, Department of Computer Science, Aalto University.
- Specially Appointed Professor, Institute of Innovative Research, Tokyo Institute of Technology.
- Professor, Department of Energy Science, Sungkyunkwan University.
- Associate Professor, IceLab, Umeå University.
- Assistant Professor, School of Computer Science, Royal Institute of Technology.
- Postdoc, Department of Computer Science, University of New Mexico.
- Postdoc, Department of Physics, University of Michigan.
- Kobe University, Center for Computational Social Science
- Department of Sociology, Stockholm University.
- The Institute for Futures Studies.
- Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet.
Degrees & education
- Docent in Biological Physics, Royal Institute of Technology, 2007.
- PhD in Theoretical Physics, Umeå University, 2004.
- MSc in Engineering Physics, Uppsala University, 2000.
- MA in Chinese, Stockholm University, 2000.
- Studies in Chinese and Chinese literature, Fudan University, 1997.